General help

Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found - error/moodle/generalexceptionmessage

Picture of Paula Luzzi
Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found - error/moodle/generalexceptionmessage

Hello, 

I installed  the version of Moodle 3.4 in my cpanel of godaddy 

I have a general problem that arises when I try to install a theme plugin and when I try to install a language pack. Basically I think it's a general error. 

--

Debug info: 
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Debug info: 
Error code: generalexceptionmessage

• line 90 of /lib/filestorage/zip_archive.php: Error thrown
  • line 558 of /lib/filestorage/zip_packer.php: call to zip_archive->open()
  • line 356 of /lib/classes/update/code_manager.php: call to zip_packer->list_files()
  • line 1102 of /lib/classes/plugin_manager.php: call to core\update\code_manager->get_plugin_zip_root_dir()
  • line 102 of /admin/tool/installaddon/index.php: call to core_plugin_manager->get_plugin_zip_root_dir()
---

Do you know how to fix it? Thank you!!

Average of ratings: -
moi!!! it is what is is...
Re: Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found - error/moodle/generalexceptionmessage
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTesters

mmmm If I am reading you right, you are adding the zip file into the folder, e.g. schoolbooktheme.zip is downloaded, copied to the Themes folder and you log in to update at which point you are getting an error. Is that what I am reading? I have always unzipped any zip files before doing anything with them. Extract them first then inserted the whole result where it needs to go. A theme needs to go into the root/themes folder. A plugin goes into the appropriate slot for it, then go to Notifications and follow the bouncing ball from there. Always works for me.   

Average of ratings: -