Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found - error/moodle/generalexceptionmessage

Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found - error/moodle/generalexceptionmessage

by Paula Luzzi -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, 

I installed  the version of Moodle 3.4 in my cpanel of godaddy 

I have a general problem that arises when I try to install a theme plugin and when I try to install a language pack. Basically I think it's a general error. 

--

Debug info: 
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Debug info: 
Error code: generalexceptionmessage

• line 90 of /lib/filestorage/zip_archive.php: Error thrown
  • line 558 of /lib/filestorage/zip_packer.php: call to zip_archive->open()
  • line 356 of /lib/classes/update/code_manager.php: call to zip_packer->list_files()
  • line 1102 of /lib/classes/plugin_manager.php: call to core\update\code_manager->get_plugin_zip_root_dir()
  • line 102 of /admin/tool/installaddon/index.php: call to core_plugin_manager->get_plugin_zip_root_dir()
---

Do you know how to fix it? Thank you!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paula Luzzi

Re: Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found - error/moodle/generalexceptionmessage

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

mmmm If I am reading you right, you are adding the zip file into the folder, e.g. schoolbooktheme.zip is downloaded, copied to the Themes folder and you log in to update at which point you are getting an error. Is that what I am reading? I have always unzipped any zip files before doing anything with them. Extract them first then inserted the whole result where it needs to go. A theme needs to go into the root/themes folder. A plugin goes into the appropriate slot for it, then go to Notifications and follow the bouncing ball from there. Always works for me.   

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found - error/moodle/generalexceptionmessage

by benoit tostain -

Hi,

I have the same error when I want to install a plugin from its zip file I get this error message: Exception - Class 'ZipArchive' not found

This problem occurs after an update from Moodle 3.6.1 to Moodle Moodle 3.6.2+ (Build: 20190215)

So I can not reinstall the Unilabel plugin and Grid format course that were installed and jumped when updating black eye

In reply to benoit tostain

by benoit tostain -

Hi,

I have solve the problem of plugins by installing them by FTP and then updating in the administrator interface. big grin

But the language package FR has also jumped, it is replaced by French (fr_old)

When I try to install the package Français (fr) I still have the error Exception - Class 'zip_archive' not found angry

by benoit tostain -

What is incomprehensible is that the file "fr" of  the repertory "lang" in moodledata was gone then, I deposited it by FTP but he jumped again angry

by benoit tostain -

The problem is solved with the update to 3.6.3, several files had jumped during the previous update big grin