Notification to teacher when student has not completed.

Notification to teacher when student has not completed.

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I am wondering if this notification is possible. 

I have a course which is mandatory, and must be refreshed each year. It is an IT security course, so the student has to complete the course within a week of receiving their username/password before being allowed on the network.

Rather than exporting completion reports to check outstanding completions, is there a way that the Teacher can be notified of outstanding completion based on a time frame (say a week)?

I have the course using the reoccurring plugin so that to notifies students to retake the course every year. Therefore there is no enrolment expiry, but it would be great if we could automate a 'reminder' of sorts to the students through the system.

Thanks

Leticia

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

Re: Notification to teacher when student has not completed.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I don't know about ways to automate this.  But I can offer an idea.

Consider exporting this item from the grade book.  Those that have completed the quiz will have a grade, those that don't will not have a grade.  Using Excel, sort this list.  Copy the email addresses, then paste them into a "form letter" email that you have set up, and send this email out to those that have not completed the quiz.

I think this process would only take about two minutes to do manually.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Hi Rick,

Great suggestion!. I have also had the reengagement plugin recommended, which I am going to try first to see if the process can be automated.

Thanks again for your input.

Leticia

In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

you might find the reengagement actvity does what you need:
https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_reengagement

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Thanks Dan,

I will install it today and test with my course. Very much appreciated.

Leticia