moodle video topic

moodle video topic

by Anderson Hsu -
Number of replies: 11

Dear partners, 

How can we add video topic in each video when video in first shown in moodle? Thanks a lot.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: moodle video topic

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

My guess is that this "topic" is actually within the video.  In all of my videos, I always embed the topic.  I am unaware of any browser-based video player that will add a topic, as you show, to a video.

But you can always add a topic text line either before (just as you did with your sentence) or after the video.  You can center this topic, and change its font as desired.

If your videos do not have a topic, you could always grab the video, put it into a video editing system, and add the title yourself.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

by Peter Koel -

Hello,

Adobe Captivate 2019 will allow you to embed a topic into a video. The software is not cheap but very useful.

Cheers,

Peter

In reply to Peter Koel

by Rick Jerz -

I wonder if the original poster was wondering if Moodle could somehow add a title, which is what I doubt.

Yes, Captivate and many other video editing software products (I use Camtasia and Premiere) can add titles.  I am far from an expert on Captivate.  There was once a time where Captivate could not create video files (like mp4.)  But maybe this has changed.  And I wonder if one loses all of Captivate's interactivity by creating a video file (interactivity and SCORM was what I thought Captivate was good at.)  And if one wanted to use Adobe Flash, the sky becomes the limit (meaning you can do whatever you want, or have time to learn.)  But then you end up with a custom video player.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by C Behan -

H5P could be used to overlay text on to a video as well ... 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Peter Koel

回應: Re: moodle video topic

by Anderson Hsu -

Dear Peter, 

I have install Adobe Captivate 2019 trial, how can I add video topic by the software? Would it be possible to assist about it ? Thanks a lot.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: moodle video topic

by Peter Koel -

Hello,

In Captivate 2019, you will create a new video demonstration project. Next, you will import your video on to the slide. When the video is imported, the time-line of the slide will extend to the length of the video. I identify the point in the video at which you want to have the topic name appear and click on the time. In doing so, the slide timer will move to the clicked position. I would then click the Textbox button. A text box will appear on the screen. You can change the text to what is needed. You can also adjust the time the text box is displayed by adjusting the text box on the time line. The loner the text box is on the time line, the longer the text will display on the screen.

Good Luck!

Peter

In reply to Anderson Hsu

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Rick Jerz -

I am not sure that the original poster is seeking "captions."  From the OPs post, it appears that they wanted a video title to show.

In reply to Rick Jerz

回應: Re: moodle video topic

by Anderson Hsu -

Dear Rick , 

That's right, I wanted a video title to show.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: moodle video topic

by Rick Jerz -

Okay, I thought so.

So the analogy is with viewing a moving on your TV.  How is it that a title of the movie shows?  Well, it is part of the producer's movie.  It has nothing to do with your TV somehow magically finding and displaying a title for some kind of database.  The title is in the movie, and it will always be in the original movie (unless someone digitally edits it and removes it.)

Below is a screen show of how my title to one of my movies appears in my video-editing software (Premiere.)

Attachment premiere.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

回應: Re: 回應: Re: moodle video topic

by Anderson Hsu -

Dear Rick, 

It's ok , but how can we change the font size or format ? Thanks a lot.

(My example video is at the link 

, sorry the language is Traditional Chinese)