Grades?

Grades?

by Kenneth Melber -
Number of replies: 4

Help!!!

My students are in a bit of a panic. This is my first semester using MOODLE and part of what I require my students to do is complete lab assignments together. I have created a "dropbox" for them to submit the assignment, and created forums for students to interact with each other. To my surprise, many of my students emailed me, asking why they have an "F" in the course. After about the sixth email, I checked MOODLE only to find to my shock and horror that MOODLE gave the Forum a GRADE OUT OF 100 POINTS!!! I do not know how to change this value or even how to make the value 0 points. Can someone tell me how to do these things?

On top of which, how in the world would I enter a grade for the Forum in the first place?

Thanks for the help all! I'm sure my students will be happier to see the grades they deserved rather than a bunch of F's in their grade report! (I know I'd be scared too!!!)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kenneth Melber

Re: Grades?

by Art Lader -
Maybe this setting will do it, Kenneth:

Attachment rate-forum.GIF
In reply to Art Lader

by Art Lader -
No, that's not it. Sorry. sad

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Brian Sea -
If you don't want the forum graded, you can remove the rating (uncheck the box).  If you want the ratings but not the grade, switch the grade to "No grade" or "0".  If that doesn't work, you can move the Forum to the "Uncatgorized" category, set it to "Extra Credit" and "Hidden" and set the grade to "0";

In short, if you can't get rid of it from effecting the grade, you can hide it.
In reply to Brian Sea

by Kenneth Melber -

Thanks, Brian! This worked out great! I'm so much more relieved (as are my students) to be seeing A- and B+ grades instead of a line of F's!!!

Thank you, too, Art! (Or maybe I should say "Danke sehr!!!") I was looking at "grades" assigned for forums and only saw scales, never bothering to click on the drop-down box!!! Maybe now I'll assign 75% to dropbox and 25% to forum!!

Ken