Course completion not working for Moodle

Course completion not working for Moodle

by sulagna behera -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Everyone,

I am using moodle 3.3 in windows platform.

I have configured course completion setting for a course. Have set activity completion for a particular scorm package. I tried different setting for activity completion. First did with Require the student to view the scorm package. The entry was updated in mdl_course_modules_completion. The completed and Viewed status showed 1. I ran the daily_completion_task and regular_completion_task. It showed cron was executed successfully. But course complertion report didnot reflect that the course was completed. (Since the timestarted or timecompleted of mdl_course_completions and mdl_course_completion_crit_compl were not updated).

I had even tried with Require grade to pass and minimum grade setting in  activity completion. Still, course completion did not work for this condition.

Regards,

Sulagna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sulagna behera

Re: Course completion not working for Moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It takes around three runs of the completion cron to mark the course has complete. Are you *sure* cron is working properly?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by sulagna behera -

Yes. It's working fine for Self completion. 

For activity completion, course completion data is not getting updated.

Regards,

Sulagna

In reply to Howard Miller

by Leena Nikhare -

Hi Howard,

I am facing the same issue. I tried for activity completion but it is not working. Please suggest me some solutions.

In reply to Leena Nikhare

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Are you sure you set the course completion criteria?  Just turning it on for the course and setting activity completion settings is not enough.  You have to tell it what constitutes completed.

Also, check your activity completion report--does it show your activity (ies) as complete? 

Check your activity reports--it looks like you are requiring complete.  Does your scorm report complete?  I can publish something that looks like a scorm but doesn't actually report complete/incomplete if I don't tell it what I want.  If your scorm doesn't generate a final grade, you might want to use Learning objects for the activity grade (0=incomplete; 1=complete).  And some scorms report incomplete/passed/failed rather than incomplete/complete.  If you have a scorm that does have scores, you could set a required grade rather than passed/completed.  The authoring tool you use can really impact how your course reacts.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)