Running Moodle 3.5 in firefox but click a moodle link forces page to return to top of browser. How to stop?

Running Moodle 3.5 in firefox but click a moodle link forces page to return to top of browser. How to stop?

by pete moodle -
Number of replies: 2
So let's say I have a very long Moodle web page and there is a link far down on the page. When I click on the link Moodle forces the page to the top, and so I have to scroll down back again to link I clicked on, and for my purposes it is annoying.

Since it is not a Firefox problem, how do I, if I can, solve the issue in Moodle?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to pete moodle

Re: Running Moodle 3.5 in firefox but click a moodle link forces page to return to top of browser. How to stop?

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Pete - this consistently happens to me on any browser. It specifically happens when I am in course Edit mode and I click on an Edit link while the page is still loading. I can tell tell the page is still loading because my profile picture is foggy until the page fully loads - another way I can tell the page hasn’t fully loaded is that the blue links display In a lighter blue color while the course page is still loading. If I wait for the page to fully load, the links darken to their normal color. Once I wait for the normal color to appear then I do not get “thrown” back to the top of the course when clicking on an Edit link. Not sure why it happens but it’s 100% consistent for me. So just a little bit of ‘waiting’ solves the issue for me. 

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Running Moodle 3.5 in firefox but click a moodle link forces page to return to top of browser. How to stop?

by pete moodle -

This doesn't answer my question.

Are you being sarcastic?