Moodle Course Reporting - Number of Times Student has Taken a Course

Moodle Course Reporting - Number of Times Student has Taken a Course

by MAG II -
Number of replies: 2

Hello - 

I am attempting to set up a basic course in my Moodle instance. It's a training course in which all employees in the company must take once a year. I am struggling with trying to find effective ways to run reports on the course. 

Is it possible to run reports to show how many times a user has taken a course / every date the course was taken by each user? 

From what I can tell, the Reporting options are quite limited on Moodle. Maybe I am missing something? Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MAG II

Re: Moodle Course Reporting - Number of Times Student has Taken a Course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm only going to be partially helpful.

You need to start by defining exactly what you mean by "taken". You might want to look at  - Using_Course_completion

There is an optional report that looks like it might help, but I haven't used it personally - https://moodle.org/plugins/report_completionoverview

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Moodle Course Reporting - Number of Times Student has Taken a Course

by MAG II -

Hi Howard - 

Thanks for the response. By have "taken" a course I mean a user has completed 100% of the course. I am searching for reporting that shows when the user completed the course 100%, as well as every time that user has completed the course. The idea is that this course in particular is an annual training course, and for system admins to have a full log of all of the history. 

From what I can see the reports just log the most recent time a user has completed a course. The most recent course completion seems to overwrite the previous course completion.

Again, thanks for the help. I'll keep looking around.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)