Close signup 2 days before the course date

Close signup 2 days before the course date

by James Todd -
Number of replies: 4

We would like to stop people signing up to a courses 2 days before the course date.

My original starting point thoughts are to create another column in the face to face sessions dates table called closedate

reference it in the classes/sessions_form.php file and enter it manually.

Obviously there is a lot more to it than this.

Any ideas on the best way to achieve it.

Multiple Versions 2.9 - 3.1.2

Will be upgrading hosting this year and moving to the latest version.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Todd

Re: Close signup 2 days before the course date

by Dave Henderson -

I would also like to know how to stop users signing up for face to face activities for a period of time before session start date.

We do a lot of interstate F2F and need to stop users signing in a week before the F2F start date.

In reply to Dave Henderson

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Easiest way (but manual) would be to go in to the session the day you want sign-ups closed and change the capacity to the current number of students (or a lower number in case of cancellations).  This won't impact current sign ups but will prevent additional signups.

In reply to James Todd

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

James,

I just stumbled onto your post while working on updating a heavily hacked version of the Face to Face module we are using. I have included this ability (to shut down cancellation a set time before the lesson). Right now it is hard coded to 24 hours prior to start time but my intention is to make it an adjustable setting via the plugin interface. 

Actually, I've just completed some long overdue work on our modified version making it slightly more viable as a community offering. We are using it on 3.3 but it should work on versions thereafter. As Dan noted in a message on the plugin page for the version available here on Moodle.org, the version I have is not compatible with the 3.6 privacy api class functions...and I'm not sure if I'm capable of making those upgrades... mixed

At any rate, if you are interested in giving our heavily modified version a run, feel free to send me a personal message via the forums. I can send it your way as an e-mail attachment.

Regards

Jason

P.S. For details of all the features our hacked version offers, please refer to this forum post: 

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=349395#p1409663

Average of ratings: Useful (1)