How to customize messages of restriction access?

How to customize messages of restriction access?

by Luis De Sousa -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

I often use "Restrict access" in resources and activities in my courses. But, I have noticed that messages with information about why students can not access a resource or activity are confusing.

Is there any way to customize those messages ?.

I think an excellent way could be through a text field for each restriction added, in which the teacher can write the message that he considers most appropriate for each restriction when he does not want to show the message that moodle builds by default

Thanks in advance

Luis De Sousa

Venezuela

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis De Sousa

Re: How to customize messages of restriction access?

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Go to Site Admin > Language Customization > Choose (your language pack) > Open Language Pack for editing > (When loaded 100%) Continue and then you can search for the strings you want to edit. You can follow the bouncing ball from there... but sometimes, the same string can appear in different modules, well used to anyway, so make sure you have all the versions of each string you're looking for. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: How to customize messages of restriction access?

by Luis De Sousa -

Thanks Colin ...  Using the solution you mention, I will change the text of the messages that come with the core of moodle but I would still obtain generic messages in which only the reference to the resource or activity involved in the condition changes. I do not want to show generic messages like:

"You achieve a required score in Furum 1"
or
"You achieve a required score in Assignment 2"
or
"You achieve a required score in Live Videoconference"

I want to customize those messages where I can refer to my own scales. Something like:

"You get 15 points in Forum 1"
or
"You get 12 points in Assignment 2"
or
"You attend the Live Videoconference"

Greetings from Venezuela