Ideas for teacher resources

Ideas for teacher resources

by Anthony newton -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I am using Moodle 3.4 (very new to it) and I wondered if anyone had any advice of what to use for a teacher's resources bank?

I guess I will need to create a course and enrol all the teachers, but I am wondering type to use, e.g. database, single activity, etc. As I am so new to Moodle, I kept getting a bit lost when trying out things for myself and overwhelmed with so much to learn. I thought that with so much experience pooled here, someone might be able to give me some advice, so I don't have to try and learn everything in one go, at once.

In the teacher's resources bank I will need to put files and folders. What would be great is if the teachers could then drag and drop to their own classes. Or perhaps download and upload into a different lesson.

many thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony newton

Re: Ideas for teacher resources

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Anthony and welcome to Moodle smile Before I make suggestions, why not sign up to our free (no strings attached) Moodle HQ-run Learn Moodle Basics MOOC course starting on June 18 which teaches the basics of teaching with Moodle You'll have a better idea of how it works for teachers then.

If you need to add files and folders, your idea of having a course where all teachers are enrolled is a good one. They will have a one-stop shop for items they need. You can indeed set up a Database activity for them to share resources they have between each other, but if you are beginning with Moodle I would suggest it is not very intuitive to start with. 

In your teacher course I would also definitely have a forum where they can discuss - and also easily upload items.

Does your Moodle site allow you to add non-standard features , ie extra add-ons? If it does then a nice way of letting them move items into their own courses is by installing a plugin called Sharing cart https://moodle.org/plugins/block_sharing_cart

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Ideas for teacher resources

by Anthony newton -

Hi Mary, thanks for your response. The course sounds like a good plan for me! I agree with what you said about the database activity, I had a cursory look at it and it looks a bit tricky, especially as I am learning so much other stuff too. I really like your idea about having a forum for the teachers as well, I will definitely go with that. I took a look at the sharing cart add-on, and I think I'm going to go with that too, thank you.

I work at a small school and they have asked me to set up this Moodle VLE, but I only have 3 weeks to get up something basic/working to start with - there is just so much to learn. So many options inside of options, it's hard to know where to start! 

One little bit at a time, I guess.   /breathe

Thank you very much for your help and ideas.