How to turn on debugging if you cant even get get into site admin without a HTTP 500

How to turn on debugging if you cant even get get into site admin without a HTTP 500

by Dom F -
Number of replies: 2

Im stuck and in a world of pain...

How to turn on debugging if you cant even get get into site admin without a HTTP 500?

Im trying to find out why my moodle is going haywire and not letting me do much (WYSIWYG is missing the toolbar - site settings cannot be changed - instead I get spinning cog)

But I cant turn moodle debugging ON because i get that damned HTTP 500 error message when I click on site admin

Suggestions please folks? 

Thanks

Dom

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dom F

Re: How to turn on debugging if you cant even get get into site admin without a HTTP 500

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

See https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Debugging#In_config.php

Although that probably isn't going to help diagnose your 500 errors, which are more likely to have been generated by your web server rather than Moodle.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paul Holden

Re: How to turn on debugging if you cant even get get into site admin without a HTTP 500

by Dom F -

Thanks Paul thats a VERY handy tip in future...

We found out we had been somehow hacked (!!??) in public-html/admin/index.php no idea how or by who or why. as mentioned elsewhere we need to dump our hosting company - suggestions welcome - though not necc moodle partners as they tend to be too boutiquey

D