WYSIWYG editor gone, "add activity/resource" greyed out - whats going on??

WYSIWYG editor gone, "add activity/resource" greyed out - whats going on??

by Dom F -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

As i say... WYSIWYG editor gone, "add activity/resource" greyed out - whats going on?? Moreover when i click on course settings I get a spinning cog for ever just above the course format /layout menu options and none of the other options give me any controls/options either (course appearance - no controls, files and uploads - no controls - completion tracking - no controls etc etc etc etc)

Nothing has changed on this LIVE site. No patches or updates. recently to trigger this. I am seeing this as the site admin so its NOT permissions...

ANY suggestions welcome as to why this is suddenly happening at the worst of all possible times?

Lifelines, guardian angels, moodle fairys - please help...

Dom

Moodle 2.78

admin account available to any life-savers.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dom F

Re: WYSIWYG editor gone, "add activity/resource" greyed out - whats going on??

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Something must have changed. If you didn't make any Moodle changes, ask the people who host the site if they made any hosting changes, PHP versions etc etc (which I don't know about btw) And make sure you check on different computers and different browsers so you know it is not just you.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dom F -

thanks is this a PHP symptom Mary?

I am also now getitng this message when I click on site admin settings to try to see what is going on...

This page isn’t working

www.mymoodlesite.org  is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Dom

In reply to Dom F

by Dom F -

So we found out the problem. The site has been hacked (somehow??) the file was public_html/admin/index.php (in case anyone is reading this)

How to protect against that I really dont know. We need to switch away from site5 as soon as our pilot project is completed.