Moodle site is doing daily backups at 45gb and killing the disk

Moodle site is doing daily backups at 45gb and killing the disk

by Andrew Normore -
Number of replies: 4

Any idea how to gain insight here? Every day at 2am, the disk is full from backing up "Moodle Site", which is the site name.

I have to manually delete from Moodledata/temp/backups/* in order to get students back in.

Any insight here is helpful!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Normore

Re: Moodle site is doing daily backups at 45gb and killing the disk

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I had this same issue - I discovered that my external drive was disconnected that I was saving course automated backups to and as such the backup files would just stick in the temp folder...

Turn off course backups.  Then find somewhere to save them that is not on your server and make sure your server has write access to the folder and try again.

In reply to Andrew Normore

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andrew,

I think that your problem is related to the front page, with logs.

You could have a look at this discussion about a similar problem, and this other discussion to disable backup of the front page (i still use such thing).

Perhaps you could also vote/comment on MDL-60296, that could provide an integrated solution.

HTH,
Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Andrew Normore -

Thanks! Will investigate and follow up this week... hopefully.