Find Dummy Data

Find Dummy Data

by Hendri Triwanto -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

Is there any plugin like FakePress in wordpress to generate full moodle dummy data?

I know moodle has a feature called "Make Test Course", but it doesn't help much

it just generate course and content and dummy user but not enroll them to the course.

And the main data I needed is I want to generate full course with some activities, enrolled users and fake data like user's score, activities, grade, badge, competency and so on

do you have any ideas how to do that? or where to download that data?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hendri Triwanto

Re: Find Dummy Data

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well... that's what "make test course" is supposed to do. 

I normally just use some back ups from courses in a live site (there's an option to anonymise names).

In reply to Hendri Triwanto

Re: Find Dummy Data

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes what Howard says smile Alternatively..the  school demo site school.demo.moodle.net has fake users and data. Log in at about five past the hour (before anyone else has a chance to edit the site) using the manager account  -  username = manager and password = moodle. Then you can back up any course you like including user data - check them out for user data. For example the Psychology in Cinema one has some and the Celebrating cultures has some. The Digital literacy course has competencies.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)