Upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.4.2 error

Upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.4.2 error

by Francesca ashley cooper -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

I just migrated to 3.4.2+ and I am getting this error on my courses which use the Collapsed Topics plugin (Top Colls - https://moodle.org/plugins/format_topcoll)

Exception - Call to undefined method format_topcoll::get_last_section_number()

Debug info:

Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Stack trace:
  • line 1067 of /course/format/topcoll/renderer.php: Error thrown
  • line 101 of /course/format/topcoll/format.php: call to format_topcoll_renderer->set_user_preference()
  • line 280 of /course/view.php: call to require()

I have tried to uninstall plugin and re-install from the latest version - keep getting this error. Any help / suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francesca ashley cooper

Re: Upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.4.2 error

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I had a quick look. That function - get_last_section_number() is defined in course/format/lib.php round about line 280 in the format_base class.

It's hard to see why it wouldn't work. It's worth checking that lib.php file I suppose. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Hi Howard,

I uploaded the lib.php from a clean moodle download, and tada! the problem is solved!

Thanks for your help.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, but, if that file was corrupt/incorrect... how do you know that other files aren't?

In reply to Howard Miller

Sho, I guess I don't know. I'll just have to see if I get any further errors.

by Howard Miller -

Personally, I would replace the complete Moodle code base with a new download. 

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Make sure you are installing the version compat with 3.4.x

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=format_topcoll

When one first hits the plugin page, appears the link to download is for 3.3 ... not your 3.4.x. which is: 3.4.0.1 (2017110300)

'spirit of sharing', Ken