Can students logging into exam/course be put automatically into a group

Can students logging into exam/course be put automatically into a group

by Robert Barone -
Number of replies: 1

I now use Moodle, as an admin, for testing large numbers of students. I upload names/passwords, etc. in a csv text file that creates groups.

However, I have to move the course/exam to the University's Moodle installation and the students will login with their University credentials through LDAP authentication. I will no longer be an admin.

Is there any way that students logging into my course on the University site can automatically be put into groups for that testing date? The students take the exam in a large computer laboratory and log in right before they take the exam.

Basically what I need is to be able to see/export their grades on a specific day. Unfortunately, the "grader report" doesn't seem to have a by date view.

Thanks for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Barone

Re: Can students logging into exam/course be put automatically into a group

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1.  You can use ldap syncing scripts to sync from a security group to a cohort and then create groups from cohorts.

2.  You can use the autogroup plugin which will create groups from a profile field...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)