help with authentication external to oracle server?

help with authentication external to oracle server?

by bell mars -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all, I am totally new to these topics so am very begginer..

I have server with oracle database , and another server for moodle (on same network,different IP), for connecting moodle to my external (oracle) database (for users and courses,every thing is done with tables and columns and work well with previous version of moodle 1.9) ,do i need to install oracle database also to moodle server ??what else i need to connect ? Thanks in advance ..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to bell mars

Re: help with authentication external to oracle server?

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Do your really have to use Oracle as your Moodle database? It can be much trickier to setup and community support is not as wide. Why not "play it safe" and use MySQL/MariaDB?

Please explain what you mean by "connecting moodle to my external (oracle) database (for users and courses".
Are you trying to install Moodle on an existing Oracle database? Or are you just trying to authenticate your students against an external Oracle database?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Re: help with authentication external to oracle server?

by bell mars -

Thanks for reply friend Luis de Vasconcelos

yes i'm trying to authenticate students and enroll them with courses against an external Oracle database (which is university database, with all students ,tutors and courses previously exist  ) , i have already 2 tables in oracle for both users and subjects with proper columns and fields , now i could get the usernames from DB but courses not , thanks for help