Quiz results shown as 0 points in gradebook / 3.1.10

Quiz results shown as 0 points in gradebook / 3.1.10

by Sebastian H. -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Testers

Hello,

a quiz with the result of 32 points is shown in the gradebook with 0 points to the student. I checked the review options in the quiz, points are shown to the students, the activity is visible and the grade is not hidden. Any hints on settings that have an influence to the number of points displayed to a student are appreciated. Other students see their results correctly.

Best regards

Sebastian

In reply to Sebastian H.

Re: Quiz results shown as 0 points in gradebook / 3.1.10

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Only a single student?  What does the student show for a score in his quiz review?  Have you tried a regrade?  Has it been overridden in the gradebook (most likely option)?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sebastian H. -
Picture of Testers

Hello Emma,

the setting is like this:

- two quizzes, students had the possibilty to decide which quiz to take

- in each of them one students have about 30 points (grade to pass is 50 points - could this be the solution? I sat it up to zero and tried a regrading with no success)

- the item itself is not overridden, the results of some of the students are shown

I tried regrading in a testinstance with no success.

Best regards

Sebastian

In reply to Sebastian H.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Individual grades can be overridden in the grade book.  But if this is only happening for students that have a low grade, I suspect that you have a grade calculation in play maybe?  Grade to pass will not affect the individual grades.

by Sebastian H. -
Picture of Testers

Hello Emma,

there is no grade calculation sat up for this course. You wrote that individual grades can be overridden in the gradebook - can I check that and if they are overriden take back this option?

Thanks a lot

Sebastian

In reply to Sebastian H.

by Emma Richardson -

Yes.  In the grader report, overridden grades are normally shaded in an orange color.  Click on Edit Grade from report and uncheck overridden box, or go to Quick view and uncheck overridden there.

by Sebastian H. -
Picture of Testers

Hello Emma,

sorry for answering late - unticking "overridden" does not change the score of the test shown in gradebook.

Best regards

Sebastian

In reply to Sebastian H.

by Emma Richardson -

Did you try a regrade after clearing the overridden checkbox?

Do you have a minimum score set?