Problems with Edwiser To Integration Moodle 3.4.1 and Wordpress

Problems with Edwiser To Integration Moodle 3.4.1 and Wordpress

by Jesús Angel Donoso -
Number of replies: 17

I have a problem with Edwiser, it's a plugin of wordpress to integrate with moodle.

I see that. this plugin can integrate with moodle. But i need sell the moodle courses. And need connect this plugin with woocommerce and the extension is paid. 

Is this extension reliable, and will i be able to sell my courses through wordpress?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jesús Angel Donoso

Re: Problems with Edwiser To Integration Moodle 3.4.1 and Wordpress

by Floyd Saner -

Jesús,

I use Edwiser Bridge and its extensions with WooCommerce and WordPress on several e-commerce sites. The plugins are reliable and work well.  Follow the Edwiser installation instructions carefully. 

At first, I found it a bit difficult to understand how to do all the configuration, especially when integrating with WooCommerce. Since Edwiser Bridge has it's own e-commerce pages, it is easy to get confused between Edwiser courses and WooCommerce Products. 

Edwiser is usually very helpful. They are located in India, so for me (in the U.S.) their response time is about 12 to 15 hours, but they do respond.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Jesús Angel Donoso -

Hi Floyd,

I have an other question. 

Is it possible to cancel the subscription to a course and not have access to that course in moodle? 
Would there be any way to cancel it automatically?

Thanks, Jesús

by Floyd Saner -

Jesús,

I never created a WooCommerce Product (course) as a subscription product.  However the Edwiser Bridge documentation states that their integration with WooCommerce supports subscription Products.  So, I think that should work.

Floyd

by Rahul Kumar -

Hi jesus,

If you use our Subscription based model, a student's temporary access is revoked to the courses till he makes the payment again, he cannot continue with the course till the payment is done. 

He will have access to your Moodle website only but not the course.

I would recommend you to upgrade the plugin versions and upgrading to Edwiser Bridge v3.4.2.

Hope this helps smile

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Jesús Angel Donoso -

Hi,

Have you a favourite or special theme to work thit Edwiser? The theme I've been using is not compatible and althought I tryed following the instructions on the documentation to make it work. I ask you because if you have experience in several sites, you should also have face this problem. 

Thanks Jesús

by Floyd Saner -

Jesús,

I'm not a WordPress expert, so I'm not the best person to ask about WP themes. My expertise is with Moodle.  I have found that the WooCommerce theme does not always display content properly, although I don't know why.  Themes I've used, that work well for me, are Twenty Seventeen (a default WordPress theme), Outreach Pro, and Avada  (although this is a resource hog).

I often have someone else develop the WordPress site, then I add e-commerce and link it to Moodle courses. My son does a lot of WordPress development (usually creates his own custom themes). He says Studio Press   https://my.studiopress.com/themes/  is a good place to get reliable themes.

Floyd

by Rahul Kumar -

Hi,

Edwiser Bridge is compatible works with all the themes, because there is no connection between theme and Edwiser Bridge and it's extensions. Edwiser bridge is not theme dependant.

I would suggest you update plugin version, Theme version and re-check configuration settings given in the documentations.

I hope this helps

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Isabel Cristina Ortiz -

Hello Floyd

I am trying to implement Edwiser Bridge. I'm having problems generating new users. Could you tell me what should be the configuration of enrollment that the course and the Moodle site should have in general so that a new user can be created and that he can only access the course he has acquired?

I can not find that information in the Edwiser documentation.

by Jenny McCann -

I use Edwiser Bridge and I find it pretty good now. The set-up had a few glitches, namely:

1. Moodle does not allow uppercase letters in usernames and Wordpress does. We originally had custom work done to allow people to choose their own Moodle username and we ended up having to reset all the usernames to lower case to get Edwiser to work.

2. I've found that if you change the email address or password of the Moodle admin, on Moodle, it will break Edwiser so careful with that. 

You still need a payment gateway of some kind - I use Paypal and Stripe.

In reply to Jenny McCann

by Jesús Angel Donoso -
Hi Jenny

Have you managed to adapt it well to WordPress styles?

I would like to cancel the course access if you cancel the subscription. Would it be possible to cancel access to this course?

Thanks Jesús

by Jenny McCann -
No unfortunately it does not do that. I use the Wordpress subscription plugin and if they don't pay, I have to manually suspend them on Moodle. Not sure if there is a way to synch them. Edwiser is more about creating a SSO and synching courses with Wordpress. 
In reply to Jenny McCann

by Floyd Saner -

Jenny,

Thanks for your comments on subscription products. I've never used them.  It's odd that Edwiser claims their integration supports subscriptions.  If someone pays for a subscription product, does that add and end date/time to their course registration in Moodle?

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Jenny McCann -

It does support subscriptions in so much as if someone purchases a subscription product, it will enrol them on to Moodle with a single sign-on, however, if someone does not pay or skips a payment, their enrolment on Moodle will not be suspended.

You need to do that manually.

by Rahul Kumar -

Hi all,

If you use our Subscription based model, a student's temporary access is revoked to the courses till he makes the payment again, he cannot continue with the course till the payment is done. 

He will have access to your Moodle website only but not the course.

Jenny McCann I would recommend you to upgrade the plugin versions and upgrading to Edwiser Bridge v3.4.2 to get access to this feature.

I hope this comment clears all your doubts.

Have a nice day smile

In reply to Jenny McCann

by Felix Rios -

So this Bridge plugin allows for Stripe payment? Or did you had to do extra work for this?

Thanks

In reply to Felix Rios

by Vrushabh Mudhale -

Hello Felix,

Hope you are doing well.

Edwiser bridge by default does not allow you to sell courses using the Stripe payment gateway.

However, you can use Woocommerce for this. WooCommerce and stripe has ready integration(https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-gateway-stripe/)

You can use WooCommerce Integration extension (https://edwiser.org/bridge/extensions/woocommerce-integration/) of Edwiser Bridge plugin so that you can sell courses using WooCommerce. This also enables you to use the Stripe payment gateway.

by Rahul Kumar -
Hi Jesús,

Edwiser bridge and it's extensions were developed with only one purpose in mind, providing a service which is not readily available for Moodle, that is, selling courses. Edwiser bridge integrates Moodle and WordPress and allows you to sell your Moodle courses through Woocommerce (WordPress plugin). 

Hence I can assure you that Edwiser Bridge and it's extensions are highly reliable and totally allow courses to be sold via WordPress.

Using Woocommerce Integration plugin, your courses are synced as products in the Woocommerce store of your WordPress website and you can sell courses from there.

I hope I have cleared your doubts.

Have a nice day smile