a question about code then show code results

a question about code then show code results

by Carol Ann -
Number of replies: 3

Hi I am looking for an open source app where I can practice putting in code and then see the result straight away in the next window. I forget what you call it.

I am a code editor rather than a coder. So this would come in handy for me and will save lots of time.

Like the screenshot below.

Attachment 3.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carol Ann

Re: a question about code then show code results

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Are you thinking of TryIt Editor? You can download it from SourceForge, but I don't know how you could use it inside Moodle... 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

This is really intriguing and wasn't happy that the SourceForge file is a Windows exe file, so I looked a little more and found this one at Editor.Javascript.com. This link opens in a new window and it a simple URL from your Moodle to the site. I suspect that if you wanted to, you could download the web page, complete, which includes all the associated files, and post that to your server. As long as you set the correct address, it should work from any Moodle resource where you can set a link, a page, a label, an activity dialogue edit box. How you can link that to the gradebook though... no idea, don't think you can. Screen grabs or copied and pasted code should help solve that problem.   

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Carol Ann -

Hi Colin thanks for your detailed answer! I will see what I can do with this..