Can I disable some course notifications/emails to Manager while they still get sent to Teacher?

Can I disable some course notifications/emails to Manager while they still get sent to Teacher?

by Zhivko Z -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I would like to disable some course email notifications to Manager such as enrollment, assignment, certificate, completion. And would like to keep those going to Teacher only.

So, all the emails would go to the Teacher, and the Manager/Admin would be focused on other things.

Is this possible? How can I do it?

Moodle 3.1.2. Windows 10.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zhivko Z

Re: Can I disable some course notifications/emails to Manager while they still get sent to Teacher?

by Callum Laverick -

Hi Zhivko,

This is possible and we have done similar on our site, you can achieve this by defining the Managers permissions. In the Administration tool bar click on Users > Permissions > Define roles > Role "Manager" then click the cog wheel in the edit column. If you now scroll down you can see a long list of permissions. Your best bet is to Ctrl+F then search for "Notifications" or "Email" and then find the permissions you wish to change. Do not forget to click save changes right at the bottom of the page when your finished.

Now your managers will not receive notifications whilst your teachers remain the same.

Hope this helps

Callum smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Callum Laverick

Re: Can I disable some course notifications/emails to Manager while they still get sent to Teacher?

by Zhivko Z -

Hi Callum,

Thank you so much for the nice and detailed message.

I checked the Role Permissions on site level and course level. These settings don’t give me all the options I need. I see only general “receive email” permission, and also “get notification message when an attempt is submitted”.

What I need is to disable these specific email notifications to Manager:

1. Assignment submission (I guess the  permission “get notification message when an attempt is submitted” will probably take care of this one)
  2. New Enrollment
  3. Certificate of Completion received
  4. Course Completion
  5. Course Evaluation Form submitted

Is there any specific way to adjust these? 

I know I had seen somewhere a setting “Notify Manager” and “Notify Teacher” but cannot find it now. I also checked the course menu settings (after I turn editing on) for each of these, cannot see any setting for who needs to be notified.

Please advise!

In reply to Zhivko Z

by Era Cathey -

I need to disable the emails being sent to teachers notifying them that a student has earned a certificate of completion.

In reply to Era Cathey

Re: disable certificate notification for teachers

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Era,

You should find an 'Email teachers' option in the certificate settings.

Attachment certificate options.png