Administrator as student

Administrator as student

by Louise Hanna -
Number of replies: 1

I have been having problems with administrators logging as having completed courses.  Myself and 2 others have this role but also have to complete courses as well but when we do it doesn't log that these have been completed or show results from any quizzes.  When enrolling us, we have been enrolled as "student" but it still doesn't work.  I even trued switching roles in Course Administration to see if that would work but if still shows the we haven't completed the course but if you go into the quiz in this case it is recorded.  

Can anyone help me with how this can be sorted so that our attempts at courses are logged correctly.?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Louise Hanna

Re: Administrator as student

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes - don't have site administrators as 'normal' users. It won't end well (as you have found). 

The administrator 'role' (it isn't really a role strictly speaking) simply replies 'yes' to all capability checks so it is very powerful. It should not be used for day-to-day activities

IMO - admins should be created as dedicated *manual* accounts. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)