Course groups: How to hide restricted items based on groups (3.4)

Course groups: How to hide restricted items based on groups (3.4)

by Tony H -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings, I've searched the forums, but I am unable to figure this out. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the correct direction. smile

Scenario: We have a required course for all incoming freshman. There is one instance of the course in Moodle 3.4. The could be upwards of 15 sections of the course that are taught by different teachers. Naturally, we want to have one copy of the course content that all teachers use. However, individual teachers will post different announcements, discussion forums, and assignment instructions (maybe they want to personalize them).

What we thought would work: We created groups for all of the students and teachers to use the same content. We can restrict the activities, forums, and custom instructions for each group. However, this looks pretty ugly. If there are 15 groups for the course, then this is not a solution.

Question: How do you hide different activities for each group instead of putting a Restricted tag next to them.

The screenshot is only for 3 groups. Imagine if we add 10 more groups. The only thing the students will see is Restricted.

Best regards

Attachment restricted-groups..png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony H

Re: Course groups: How to hide restricted items based on groups (3.4)

by Just H -

Click the eye next to the restriction and the students won't see anything whatsoever (unfortunately admins will and teachers will to an extent depending on settings).

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Just H

Re: Course groups: How to hide restricted items based on groups (3.4)

by Tony H -

Wonderful!  Thanks for that setting.