Justify Response

Justify Response

by Lukin Zoon -
Number of replies: 7

Hello!

I wanted to know if you have any way to justify the answer at the end of the questionnaire, for example:

Student chooses a question from the quiz and below it displays a text box asking to justify why that answer

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lukin Zoon

Re: Justify Response

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm not clear if you mean questionnaire or quiz or both...there is a plugin for questionnaire (which is pretty cool)?

If you just mean quiz...you could create an essay or short answer question which follows the question--it wouldn't be dependent on the answer of the previous question but it would require you (or the teacher) to grade it. This would require you to not use question randomization, though (if you use that).

If you mean questionnaire...you could create a long or short answer essay question (it could simply follow the question or it could be dependent, where the essay only appears if you answer a specific way (if Q1 is answered Yes, then show the essay).  If you use dependency, it does require a page break before the dependent question.

If you mean...can you create a questionnaire that only is required if you answer a specific quiz question a certain way...maybe, if your quiz was only one question? Though, that would be more complex.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Lukin Zoon -

In case, it is a questionnaire with two options (True or False), after choosing any option, you have to open a text field below to be able to explain why you chose true or false.

I came to check the options you gave me, but it was not exactly the way I want it :/

In reply to Lukin Zoon

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

So to sum up...you are talking about questionnaire and you don't need the dependency. 

What is it you are looking for?

Are you saying you want the text box to reiterate their answer?  If so, no, I have serious doubts that is possible. Or were you not liking the text box for some other reason?

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Lukin Zoon -

Basically that's right, I need the student to make a justification of the answer or a comment on the answer, for the course I'm creating it fits perfectly.

Is there a plugin that does this?

In reply to Lukin Zoon

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you mean quiz, have a look at this plugin: https://moodle.org/plugins/qbehaviour_deferredfeedbackexplain

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Lukin Zoon -

Hey Tim,

Thank you very much for the plugin, it helped me a lot but I have some doubts.

When I activate the plugin, it changes the entire questionnaire until then ok, I was wondering if it is possible to activate the plugin in one part of the questionnaire and the other keep it disabled.