Question Bank Issues

Question Bank Issues

by Thomas Raybould -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I am currently experiencing issues with the Question Bank on my site. It is only recently that we have had to use the Question Bank as normally we could just add quizzes etc. straight into courses.

When we now go to add questions from the bank, where you click add and there is supposed to be dropdown menu, nothing drops down. You can see the questions in the bank, just not on the drop down in the course.

We are currently using version 3.1.3 on our site.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Raybould

Re: Question Bank Issues

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to think what might have changed recently on your site to stop it working.

Places to check:

• Admin -> Plugins -> Question types -> Manage question types
  • In the course where you are having problems -> Settings -> Check permissions
  • Server error logs
  • Web browser error console

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

First, everytime you add a question to a quiz you are using the question bank so I am not sure what you mean that you only just started to use it?

Could you show us screenshots?  Could it be that the person just doesn't have permissions to see the level of the bank that you have saved the questions in?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Thomas Raybould -

I have course creator permissions and still can't fix the issue. Please find attached some screenshots.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You would be far better off to just embed images instead of Word docs - most people will not open them.

Have you tried switching themes?  Also, did you check the logs as Tim suggested? 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)