Use this as one on one teaching tool?

Use this as one on one teaching tool?

by Stephanie Foster -
Number of replies: 1

I was wondering if I might be able to use this a one on one teaching tool.  I work for an organization that has group homes and work sites for developmentally disabled adults.  What I want to use this for (at least right now) is a checklist for an orientation into the location (home or work) that has to be done with a teacher or non-editing teacher present.  For example - Non-Editing teacher is sitting with the student and explaining where keys are, shut offs for utilities, etc.  

The orientation does incorporate other things specific to individuals in the home or work site.   

We currently using Moodle 2.7 and are looking to upgrade, but I am not real back-end savvy and don't want to wreck our entire site!  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephanie Foster

Re: Use this as one on one teaching tool?

by David Campbell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Stephanie,

Yes, the plugin will work for what you have in mind. I created something similar for the teachers in our language resource center to record their student advising sessions. There is a checkbox list for the main topics discussed, a text area for details of the discussion, radio boxes for male/female, pull downs for year in school, the number of sessions and which department they are in. There are text boxes for surname, given name and student number. The dataform is  set up automatically include the instructors name, the date the entry was created or modified. You can set up different views (even though mine don't seem to be working 100% correctly at the moment) to present your data in different formats.

What I created uses just a small part of the power of this plugin. It can take a while to get all the parts figured out, but it is worth the time and energy

Average of ratings: Useful (1)