Upgrade to Moodle 3.0.6 / PHP 7.0.7 broke my dataforms

Upgrade to Moodle 3.0.6 / PHP 7.0.7 broke my dataforms

by Julian Rubisch -
Number of replies: 7

After upgrading to the above Moodle/PHP versions (and Dataform 3.0.4), my dataform Views won't show any input boxes or other form controls, neither when adding, nor editing an entry. Grid and Tabular views are acting the same way.

I've confirmed that the roles and capabilities are set correctly. (mod/dataform:entryownadd and mod/dataform:entryownupdate are set to "allow")

Is there anything that I could have overlooked in the upgrade process?

Thanks!

Edit: 

Turning the debug function on, my dataform views show the following Warning message:

Warning: Parameter 1 to dataformfield_text_renderer::display_edit() expected to be a reference, value given in/srv/www/htdocs/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/entriesform.php on line 68

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Rubisch

Re: Upgrade to Moodle 3.0.6 / PHP 7.0.7 broke my dataforms

by Itamar Tzadok -

Thanks, I will look into that and try to release an update as soon as possible. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Erwin der Kinderen -

Itamar,

Did you already find time to fix this?

Our teachers were using your plugin a lot. Since php 7 its indeed not working anymore.

Thanks!

In reply to Erwin der Kinderen

by Itamar Tzadok -

Underway. I should be able to work out the required adjustments in a few days. smile

by Erwin der Kinderen -

Any progress on this? smile

Our teachers and students are using your plugin to maintain a daily log, its very much appreciated.

by Alaukik Kotecha -

Your Dataform  plugin is very useful for us. we really looking forward if we can have this plugin for moodle 3.2, which will run perfectly well on php 7 

In reply to Alaukik Kotecha

by Erwin der Kinderen -
Alaukik, i'm currently running php 5.6 as a (hopefully temporary) workaround. As described here its quite easy to switch between php 5.6 and 7 on Ubuntu. Maybe this is of some use to you.

by TJ Meneses -

Hi Itamar,

Would just like to follow up the status of this issue. Are you still working on the fix for PHP7?