Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

Rob Mills tomonidan -
Number of replies: 2

HI, 

I have done some digging after an out of office autoreply ended up propagating though two forums to around 850 users. It seems there was a bug or some work done a while ago to mitigate this but its not bullet proof.

The reply by mail feature is very convenient but is totally scuppered if a few autoreplies end up cluttering subscribers mailboxes. 

The mail handler is pretty straightforward  and replies work fine. How do I trap autoreplies? If I cant do this I cant use this feature as only  few auto replies are going to drive my users mad. 

Any ideas? 

Rob

O'rtacha reytinglar: -
In reply to Rob Mills

Re: Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

Peter Seaman tomonidan -

Hi Rob: Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but I'm really interested in hearing the answer, if anyone has one. Seems as though fixing this problem would be a high priority, as problems like this one are, in my experience, what cause users to turn off really useful features like forum subscription. Thanks.  -  Peter

In reply to Rob Mills

Re: Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

Andrew Lyons tomonidan -
Core developers rasmi Moodle HQ rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Peer reviewers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi Testers rasmi

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately there is no standard for auto-reply functionality, and how that is implemented. As a result, we have to work out how to identify the auto-reply sent by each client.

I'd recommend creating a new issue on the tracker, and include a full copy of the e-mail, including all headers such that we can identify autocomplete replies from that client.

Thanks,

Andrew