Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

by Rob Mills -
Number of replies: 2

HI, 

I have done some digging after an out of office autoreply ended up propagating though two forums to around 850 users. It seems there was a bug or some work done a while ago to mitigate this but its not bullet proof.

The reply by mail feature is very convenient but is totally scuppered if a few autoreplies end up cluttering subscribers mailboxes. 

The mail handler is pretty straightforward  and replies work fine. How do I trap autoreplies? If I cant do this I cant use this feature as only  few auto replies are going to drive my users mad. 

Any ideas? 

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Mills

Re: Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

by Peter Seaman -

Hi Rob: Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but I'm really interested in hearing the answer, if anyone has one. Seems as though fixing this problem would be a high priority, as problems like this one are, in my experience, what cause users to turn off really useful features like forum subscription. Thanks.  -  Peter

In reply to Rob Mills

Re: Reply to post by email still not catching autoreplies

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately there is no standard for auto-reply functionality, and how that is implemented. As a result, we have to work out how to identify the auto-reply sent by each client.

I'd recommend creating a new issue on the tracker, and include a full copy of the e-mail, including all headers such that we can identify autocomplete replies from that client.

Thanks,

Andrew