Quiz Item Analysis

Quiz Item Analysis

by John Kelmer Lomerio -
Number of replies: 11
Good day,

I would like to ask is there a plugin for overall item analysis for a Quiz?
I'm currently modifying this block https://moodle.org/plugins/block_analytics_graphs
right now.

If there is, can someone please point it to me?

Thanks in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Kelmer Lomerio

Re: Quiz Item Analysis

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by John Kelmer Lomerio -

Good day thanks for the response,

Yeah something like this but what I'm looking for is an item analysis report of a quiz which will be view in a chart.
For example: [Quiz #1]

[Question #1]

[Choice #1]

[Choice #2]

What I want is to make a report on how many student answered [Choice #1] and [Choice #2], and view the report in a graph.

In reply to John Kelmer Lomerio

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The stats report gives you that data. It does not draw it as a graph, but you can download the data as a spreadsheet, and add graphs if you want.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nicholas Crofut -

Tim,

We recently updated our Moodle version 3.2 or 3.3 and the quiz item analysis does NOT include the individual test questions..... just the first two items you mentioned- overall quiz analysis and random question analysis.  Our web builder states we'll need a 3rd party item analysis.... any suggestions?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Anis Jradah -

Dear Tim,

Kindly advise of a plugin that can show the discrimination index for wrong answers of a question, if possible to provide analysis of categories that the question is taking from and label the questions based on these analysis.

Our professors are asking for the same Data assessment  and reporting of ExamSoft to be added to Moodle.

Thank you for your continuous help.

Best regards,

Anis

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Facility Index for wrong answers (was Quiz Item Analysis)

by Sam Mudle -

Tim, 

The statistics link for quizzes only provides the Facility Index for the correct answer. I think what John wants is the Facility indexes for the wrong answers.  I've wanted that information as well.  Knowing what was the common wrong answer would be useful data to discuss among the class.

I suppose you could do that with the CSV from the Responses link, but that would take some Excel Pivot Table Kung Fu to massage the data into a format that would show this.

I'd want something like this:

Question #3
What is 2 + 4?
A) 10 (20% of the students chose this answer)
B) 6 (60 % of the students chose this answer)
C) 3 (15% of the students chose this answer)
D) 5 (5% of the students chose this answer)

The only way to get that data is to use a Poll - which is not a quiz.

Any suggestions?

In reply to Sam Mudle

Re: Facility Index for wrong answers (was Quiz Item Analysis)

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle provides a very comprehensive and detailed quiz statistics report that also includes the analysis of individual question responses. Consider the following example:

• Multiple choice question: What is 2 + 4?
    • A. 10
    • B. 6
    • C. 3
    • D. 5
  • Number of students: 10
    • Number of A. responses: 3
    • Number of B. responses: 4
    • Number of C. responses: 2
    • Number of D. responses: 1

Follow the instructions at https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Quiz_statistics_report and obtain the following individual question statistics report:

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Proceed as follows to obtain the individual question analysis of responses:

1. Select Statistics
  2. Recalculate if necessary
  3. Select the question

by Sam Mudle -

Dominique, you are my god.  Thank you!

by Mary Brands -

Why doesn't the count add to the number of attempts?  The quiz is set so that each student can only take the quiz once.

The actual answers for this quiz are:

• 8 students answered diazepam,
  • 5 lorazepam 
  • 1 answered oxazepam.
In reply to Mary Brands

by Tim Hunt -

I think the problem is that Moodle is counting different attempts in the two places.

Are there students who have been un-enrolled from the course, or something like that?