Edit Single Activity > Page in Mdl v 3.3.2

Edit Single Activity > Page in Mdl v 3.3.2

by Bob Heckmann -
Number of replies: 10

I have a course with Single Activity > Page. I recently upgraded to v 3.3.2 and can't determine how to edit the activity (Page). I've turned editing on, tried Edit Settings, nothing makes the page editable. Looking for guidance.

Thanks,

Bob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Heckmann

Re: Edit Single Activity > Page in Mdl v 3.3.2

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

When you say " nothing makes the page editable", does that mean you cannot open the course in Edit Settings? Or that it opens in Edit Settings, but you actually can't edit the Page Content dialog? Or you can get to the Page Content dialog, but it won't save any edits?  

I have never used a Single Activity > Page before, only Forums or Books so I am not sure what the issue may be, but given that, is it possible that your issue comes from the fact the Page itself is the problem? There has to be some sort of limit to the size of a Page, so could your page be so large it is causing an issue in the editor?  

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Bob Heckmann -

Thanks for the reply Colin. My page is ~30 lines of html, so it's very small in terms of the amount of content.

Prior to upgrading to version 3.3 I was accustomed to navigating to a course while signed in with my admin credentials, turning on editing, and then making edits. In this case, I sign in with admin credentials, navigate to the course, turn on editing, but the page isn't editable. I just see the contents the same as they look when I access the course with student permissions. I can't find a way to actually edit the contents of the activity (in this case a "page").

In reply to Bob Heckmann

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What theme are you using?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bob Heckmann -

Using the Boost theme.

In reply to Bob Heckmann

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I just set up a single activity course with a Page on our sandbox site demo.moodle.net using the Boost theme. When I clicked on the course name I was taken straigh to the page and there is a gear icon on the right and when I click it I can edit the settings of the page (ie, edit the page) Does that work for you?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Weird, I am getting only one "cog" for the Page activity (settings) but not for the Course (settings) as you get on your screen capture. how come?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bob Heckmann -

Thanks for the response Mary. I have the cog in the course settings box ("single page" in your example) but not in the activity block.

Thanks,

Bob

In reply to Bob Heckmann

by Mary Cooch -

Well this is odd - Nadav is getting one cog and  Bob is getting a different one and I am getting both! Nadav I notice you have topics in your course in the nav bar - I can replicate what you have if I change my single activity course back to topics. You need to click one of the topics in the nav bar to get the course gear menu back.

Bob-can you post a screenshot of what you see?

I made a new course, set it to single activity and page, saved it, then added some random stuff to the page and then saved again. When I went back as admin or the enrolled teacher, I saw both cogs/gears.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ok. me bad. when changing course format to "single activity" I get two cogs smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bob Heckmann -

Screen shots of the course setup and the course landing page attached.

Thanks,

Bob

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 3.58.59 PM.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 4.00.40 PM.png