Moodle 3.3 - Grading reminder group assignment not showing up in My Overview

Moodle 3.3 - Grading reminder group assignment not showing up in My Overview

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out why the following doesn't work:

I have a course with an assignment set up as group assignment (visible groups). No marking workflow or anything, but I do have a 'grading reminder deadline' set up with a date that has already passed.

In an individual assignment, I see the grading reminder showing up in the My Overview Timeline, but for the group assignment, I only get a notification badge and no visual reminder. It also doesn't show up in the calendar. Have since tweaked the assignment quite a bit, but without any success.

Any clues how to solve this would be very welcome!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Moodle 3.3 - Grading reminder group assignment not showing up in My Overview

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hmmm.. I have been trying this on the School demo site. I know that for the assignment link to display for the teacher, at least one assignment must have been submitted, but when I tried this with an individual assignment and with a group assignment, only the individual assignment showed up. I think this needs further exploring unless we are missing something obvious. Joost -which group settings did you test with? Require group to make submision? Require all members to submit? I didn't find anything in the tracker just yet -but ...

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 3.3 - Grading reminder group assignment not showing up in My Overview

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary,

Thanks for brainstorming and trying this as well. I tried with visible groups on activity level (5 student groups linked to cohort enrolment in the course), students have to be part of a group and tested with 1 student submits as well as all students in group submit. 

It seems the event created by a group assignment submission isn't correctly tracked by the My Overview block, as a notification does show up in my Notifications box (badge included). 

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'd suggest making a tracker issue (at least then if we have missed something obvious, we'll be toldsmile ) Because, like you, I tried various things and couldn't get it to appear.