Plugins Check screen

Plugins Check screen

by Rajendra Prasad -
Number of replies: 6

I am using ver. 3.2.2+. While trying to add / update plugins I am stuck on the Plugins Check screen. Cannot go back neither go forward. Please suggest remedy. Screen shot attached.

Since the courses are currently being run, need urgent assistance. Thank you

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajendra Prasad

Re: Plugins Check screen

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You somehow have tried to use an outdated version of /grade/report/history and given its from 2014 I imagine a bit of Moodle 2.x code.  Therefore delete that folder and get the correct code from the M3.2.2+ distribution.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Rajendra Prasad -

Gareth,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I realise that the version of the plugin was dated. However, Moodle is no longer providing access to any other admin screen, and hence I cannot take any further action from the user end. I am using a hosting service and do not have access to various Moodle folders and files.

If I have to request the service provider to do the needful, I would need further details of what steps to take at the backend.

Thank you and regards,

From: Gareth J Barnard (via Moodle.org) [mailto:noreply@moodle.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:26 PM
To: Rajendra Prasad <Prasad.rajendra@gmail.com>
Subject: Moodle in English: Re: Plugins Check screen

Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard - Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 5:54 PM

You somehow have tried to use an outdated version of /grade/report/history and given its from 2014 I imagine a bit of Moodle 2.x code.  Therefore delete that folder and get the correct code from the M3.2.2+ distribution.

You can reply to this via email.

In reply to Rajendra Prasad

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, there is an 'Uninstall' button on the plugin's screen - do try the URL path /admin/plugins.php and see if you can get to the screen .  But pragmatically you need FTP access to the site in order to fix it.  Trying to tell a third party who knows nothing of Moodle how to solve it will be a long and time consuming process.  I suggest getting FTP access from your hosting company.  And silly question, but if you don't have file access, how did you install Moodle in the first place?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Rajendra Prasad -

Further to my mail below, I cannot get to the Dashboard. That too throws me to the Plugins Check screen. Just in case this provides a lead to the solution.

Thank you,

Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:11 PM
To: posts+AAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAABu67wAAAAAAFhkZib3D9KkFzjHsaon9@posts.moodle.org
Subject: RE: Moodle in English: Re: Plugins Check screen

Thank you for your support.

Your question is not silly but an obvious one to ask of anyone caught in my situation.

The hosting site installed the Moodle and provided access to me as Admin. I have full authority over the front end of Moodle, with no access to the installed files. Actually, it is an educational institution which owns the server and is vaguely familiar with Moodle, just enough to install the regular version / functionalities. I am running course for them.

I tried out the three buttons visible on the screen:

• Check for available updates

• Cancel upgrade (1)

• Cancel this upgrade (below the format/wordtable plugin)

After executing the above, I end up at the same screen, one way or another.

I tried the path you had suggested. It worked to an extent. It let me access the admin role without throwing me to the Plugins Check screen directly, after which there is no way out. Now I can work around the Moodle site doing most of the activities I need to do. So to that extent your suggestion worked. However if I click Site Home, or few other buttons, I end up at the problem page. Then I can use the back arrow of the browser to get back and use other functions. Surprisingly, Plugin Overview screen is accessible. However, I cannot see the old version creating the problem in the list of additional plugins. I see the newer version installed which I do not wish to uninstall. Screen shot attached.

Thanks a lot as your suggestion served most of my immediate problem. The longer term solution is to get rid of the threat or scare of reaching the no way out screen of Plugins Check till it lasts.

Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:29 PM

Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard - Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 9:57 PM

Ok, there is an 'Uninstall' button on the plugin's screen - do try the URL path /admin/plugins.php and see if you can get to the screen .  But pragmatically you need FTP access to the site in order to fix it.  Trying to tell a third party who knows nothing of Moodle how to solve it will be a long and time consuming process.  I suggest getting FTP access from your hosting company.  And silly question, but if you don't have file access, how did you install Moodle in the first place?

by Rajendra Prasad -

Further to my mail below, I cannot get to the Dashboard. That too throws me to the Plugins Check screen. Just in case this provides a lead to the solution.

Thank you,

Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:11 PM
To: posts+AAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAABu67wAAAAAAFhkZib3D9KkFzjHsaon9@posts.moodle.org
Subject: RE: Moodle in English: Re: Plugins Check screen

Thank you for your support.

Your question is not silly but an obvious one to ask of anyone caught in my situation.

The hosting site installed the Moodle and provided access to me as Admin. I have full authority over the front end of Moodle, with no access to the installed files. Actually, it is an educational institution which owns the server and is vaguely familiar with Moodle, just enough to install the regular version / functionalities. I am running course for them.

I tried out the three buttons visible on the screen:

• Check for available updates

• Cancel upgrade (1)

• Cancel this upgrade (below the format/wordtable plugin)

After executing the above, I end up at the same screen, one way or another.

I tried the path you had suggested. It worked to an extent. It let me access the admin role without throwing me to the Plugins Check screen directly, after which there is no way out. Now I can work around the Moodle site doing most of the activities I need to do. So to that extent your suggestion worked. However if I click Site Home, or few other buttons, I end up at the problem page. Then I can use the back arrow of the browser to get back and use other functions. Surprisingly, Plugin Overview screen is accessible. However, I cannot see the old version creating the problem in the list of additional plugins. I see the newer version installed which I do not wish to uninstall. Screen shot attached.

Thanks a lot as your suggestion served most of my immediate problem. The longer term solution is to get rid of the threat or scare of reaching the no way out screen of Plugins Check till it lasts.

Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:29 PM

Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard - Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 9:57 PM