Syntax Error invalid character

Syntax Error invalid character

por Ronald Ditmer -
Número de respostas: 6

When logging on at a freshly installed moodle 3.3.1, I get multiple Syntax Errors with invalid character.

When clearing these errors and loading any new page same errors re-appear.

No idea what is causing this problem. Can anyone please help me ?

Anexo Example Syntax Error.PNG
Media de puntuacións: -
En resposta a Ronald Ditmer

Re: Syntax Error invalid character

por Howard Miller -
Imaxe de Core developers Imaxe de Documentation writers Imaxe de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imaxe de Peer reviewers Imaxe de Plugin developers

(Briefly), how did you install Moodle and what instructions did you follow?

Are you using a non-core theme or any other optional plugins (if you are, remove them, just to see if it makes any difference). 

Enable Debugging. Reproduce the error and check your web server's error log.

Open your browser's Javascript Console. Reproduce the error. Any *red* error notices in the log?

En resposta a Howard Miller

por Ronald Ditmer -

Hello Howard,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Did the installation via webhost's  APS. Moodle version 3.3.1, while using PHP 5.6.30

Didn't install any extra plug-ins. Errors started immediately after installation.

Switched in Debugging and got following errors in jquiry-3.1.0.min.js :

jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1:74035

jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1:77560

jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1:80166

Don't know what these errors mean.

Regards,

Ronald

por Howard Miller -
Imaxe de Core developers Imaxe de Documentation writers Imaxe de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imaxe de Peer reviewers Imaxe de Plugin developers

WHat does "Did the installation via webhost's  APS" mean?

por Ronald Ditmer -

Our webhost offers installation of various applications like Wordpress, Joomla, Moodle with one push of a button and calls it APS within their Plesk environment. Benefit of such installation is also automatic upgrade in case of new releases. Is according to my opinion just a kind of centrally stored GIT.

por Howard Miller -

Except... it didn't work did it chiscadela

As we have no idea what these scripts do, it's very difficult to help. You'd be best to ask the script provider to fix their script.

We always recommend to get Moodle from moodle.org and never use this one-click installers. They seem to have endless problems and are - for the most part - unsupportable. 

PS... nothing whatever like Git. 

por Ronald Ditmer -

Hello Howard,

Did delete my previous moodle APS installation and replaced it by a Zipped version 3.3.2+ from Moodle.org download section.

Also that one gives me "Syntax Error invalid character" op every page in both IE & Chrome.

Chrome browser warning reads : Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0.

Drilling down via inspection element give exactly the same warnings as mentioned previously.

Do not understand why I get these errors and start to consider using another platform....