moodle display "your progress" when login as a guest

moodle display "your progress" when login as a guest

by Kostas Kostas -
Number of replies: 0

In Moodle 3.2 I have enabled guest access so the content of the courses is read by guests.

"your progress" is not displayed when I login as a guest, not even together with the activity completion boxes (ticks). This is notmal.

However, when I login as a student, the guest role seems to somehow bypass the student. "your progress" is displayed though, as well as the activity completion boxes (ticks).

When I login as a student, and self enrol to the course (self enrolement desired), when viewing the course, I view it by default as a guest, not as a student, despite I have been login as a student. The completion ticks are still marked as I complete activities, but I gain no points as a student.

At the top of the course, there is a gear icon that the student has to first click to enrol to the course, if he wants to participate in the completion progress, instead of seeing it as a guest, but this it not self explanatory and most students do not know that.

If the course guest access is disabled, a form with a button is displayed normally to the teacher, to self register to the course, before he access the course content.

Can you help me solve this problem please?

Somehow hide the completion ticks for guest or somehow display the self-register button for the student, even if guest access for the course is enabled?

Average of ratings: -