Looking for total number of correct answers in a list of students.

Looking for total number of correct answers in a list of students.

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 7

I am sure I did this in the past but just don't see it.

I grade the quiz by issuing a point for each correct answer.  I have no use for % projections as it seems that Moodle does.

How do I find out how many questions were answered correctly by each student.
I believe I saw it somewhere where I have to do 8 - 10 clicks to see each one but there has to be a list of them somewhere, no?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Looking for total number of correct answers in a list of students.

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

There are statistic reports in quiz that you can run If you're talking about quiz specifically.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Interesting,...
And said Statistic Reports are located where?
I just don't see them.
Yes, I am looking at a quiz.

The closest I can find is in

and choose the Week, Activity Module, and Look Back but the numbers under Show Actions :View, Post, and All actions make no sense.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Steve,

I sent a reply via direct email with some other info in it.

When creating quiz questions, set the Default points for each question to be one. When you create the quiz, set the Maximum grade to be the same as the total number of questions in the quiz,

When looking at the Attempts > Grades page, the Grades column will show how many questions each student answered correctly.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I do not think this is going to work.

The students are allowed to take the quiz as often as they want for the week.  The questions are randomly chosen from the bank and some questions are repeated.  They gain one point for each correct answer capped at 100 points.  In case of 20 questions, this would be a minimum of 5 attempts.

Each question issues one point for a correct answer.

I know I was able to see the total number of correct answers for each attempt in a list organized by student.  I do not seem to see that anymore. All I see is the highest grade for a quiz only because I set that variable as such.

by Melanie Scott -

In Quiz Administration, you can look at Results.  There are two options you might like: Responses, which shows which answer each person gave for each question (if you do randomizing or random question pools, this might not do what you hope, I think it just shows them in the order of answer and not what question), and Statistics, which tells you general statistics (of 10 students, 70% chose answer A-corrrect, 10% chose answer B-incorrect, 20% chose answer C-incorrect and 0% chose answer D--but not which students).

But your post descriptions are not quiz related, those are course reports...what you need is to go to the quiz and look at those results.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

These percentage values are of no value in a point-earned system.

However, parts of these responses combined seem to answer my question. 1 point per question and set the max grade to the number of questions is one.  Looking in the correct location with proper pull down menu option enables (right now I forget which one) is another.

There still seems to be a flaw here though.  Sometimes I go in and I see all the attempts in order of student, sometimes the list is not there and all I get in the graph.  This seemed to have happened when I re-ordered the list by last name.  A reset of Moodle seems to have corrected the glitch.

Also, in that list of attempts: Some limes are blue highlighted others are not yet there doesn't seem to be a pattern.  It would be nice if the colors sectioned off every other student.

by Melanie Scott -

In the Grades area (not reports), you can modify the setup and change how grades display if the gradebook is displaying percent (I'm not confident this is the issue).  To do that, you edit the settings for the activity grade or course grade and click See more--then you have a series of options available to you (Real grade, Percentage and letter, etc).

I realize this post is lots late but...to find score/points stuff for quiz--go to  the quiz, click Edit Quiz (not quiz settings) and you'll see your max grade and the grade for each question.  You can also go to the Grades area and edit individual activity grades to indicate a grade to pass (you may have to expand it--grade to pass is hidden by default, I think)... this will change course completion from blue check to green check.  Depending on how other things are set up, it may give a red X for non-passing scores.

Some of your display issues may be related to theme.  Different themes do different things and you just have to find the one that works best for you.