Unable to Login With Admin Credentials

Unable to Login With Admin Credentials

by Ignatus Ujomor -
Number of replies: 3

Hi folks,

I did moodle 3.1 installation on my shared host server, when I try to install plugins, I get this message

"Moodle requires the iconv PHP extension. Please install or enable the iconv extension."

Two days later, the admin login credentials started reporting same message, and my host company said they cannot alter the php configuration as it is shared.

Please how can i install iconv PHP extension and other possible PHP extension that may pop-up as I progress?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ignatus Ujomor

Re: Unable to Login With Admin Credentials

by Kurniawan sitanggang -
I have the same problem, this happened only on admin account (no problem with another account). help us please sad
In reply to Ignatus Ujomor

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Responding to this Jan 2017 post in hopes that others who find it, won't be adding ... me too.

If the shared hosting setup you are on doesn't have the required PHP extensions and hosting provider says they won't install on a shared server, you have no choice but to find a hosting provider that is more Moodle friendly.  Nomally, hosting providers will recommend to you that you upgrade your hosting to a VPS (Virtual Private Systtem) ... either managed or un-managed.   You, then, are the only customer on that system and can add any php extension you like.

The difference ... managed ... means hosting provider does the back end stuff ... un-managed ... customer does.  Plus managed means it's going to be more expensive.   Un-managed, however, could mean a learning curve that's just too steep.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ken Task

by Kurniawan sitanggang -

Thank you so much Ken, your reply gives enlightenment for this problem. I'll try it. Yes