Cleared cache and now all javascript broken?

Cleared cache and now all javascript broken?

by Jason X -
Number of replies: 4

I went to purge my cache because I updated a language file and then my whole site javascript just broke. I can't access any SCORM courses and my homepage is now broken because it needs .js.

I tried to purge my cache again, deleted all folders in moodledata but still no go. Can anyone give some advice? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason X

Re: Cleared cache and now all javascript broken?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You deleted *all* the folders in moodledata??? 

How did you purge the caches in the first place?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Jason X -
Normally I go through the Site Administration -> Purge all caches

That is what I did first and then I noticed that my homepage broke afterwards.. so I thought that it didn't clear my cache correctly so I just deleted all the folders in moodledata except for .htaccess. The folders located in my moodledata folder are now this:

img

Deleting all the folders was probably not the best idea but I don't know how my javascript broke. It's like the database got corrupt after purging which should not happen. 

In reply to Jason X

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You've deleted filedir and thus deleted any uploaded files. You've probably broken your site.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Jason X -

Thanks! I didn't know that actually. Uploaded the files and we're back in business. One of the reasons I had no idea was because all the files were still being referenced so I thought they existed.

Appreciate your help.