Forcing email address to be username

Forcing email address to be username

by Paul Nijbakker -
Number of replies: 1

Dear Howard,

I am looking for a way to require users who register via email-based self-registration, to use their email address as username, but I do not find a way in the site settings (Moodle 3.1.8). I can only find a site-wide setting to allow users to use non-alphanumeric charaters in their username, but no setting to force the use of such characters (and anyway, this would collide with the usernames created by our LDAP authentication plugin).

Do you know how I could require the email address to be username, as well as email address, for these self-registering users? I would be much obliged for that information.

Rgrds,
Paul.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Nijbakker

Re: Forcing email address to be username

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I split your post from the discussion you added it to as it isn't really related.

I don't think there's a straightforward way to do this. It wouldn't be a massive job (for someone with Moodle plugin development skills anyway) to clone the authentication plugin and make the changes you require.