PowerPoint Slide Show

PowerPoint Slide Show

by Fiona Jameson -
Number of replies: 4

Is there a way to add a PowerPoint presentation to Moodle and have it play as a read only slide show, rather than allowing students to open it?  Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fiona Jameson

Re: PowerPoint Slide Show

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How about uploading to a site such as Slideshare and then embedding it?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Fiona Jameson -

We don't want to publicly share our presentations, that's one of the reasons for using Moodle so that people can only access areas the courses they are given a password for.  I have no experience of Slideshare so I don't know if you can upload presentations privately and keep them hidden.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Fiona Jameson -

OK, I've braved SlideShare!  The online help tells me that to embed the presentation into Moodle, I should choose a resource of Compose a Web Page for the code, but I can't find that option in 3.2.

Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks.

In reply to Fiona Jameson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Fiona -their instructions must be very out of date! You need the resource called Page and then from the Atto text editor, click the code icon.

See here: