Moodle 3.3.1 Themes fail to install

Moodle 3.3.1 Themes fail to install

by david armstrong -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help. I have installed Moodle 3.3.1. I'm unable to install any additional themes.

When I try (to install the Adaptable theme) via the Moodle zip file route I get the following error message:

When I try to install the same theme by placing it unzipped into the Theme folder in my Moodle installation I get the following error message:

When I try to install (the Academi theme) by placing it unzipped into the Theme folder in my Moodle installation I get a different error message (I've looked to see if I can see the Boost theme in my Moodle installation. All I can see are the themes Clean and More):

If anyone can help, that would be great.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to david armstrong

Re: Moodle 3.3.1 Themes fail to install

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's showing that Moodle has Failed so either Moodle has not been installed properly, or you have deleted Boost which is the default theme.

Why did you remove the Boost theme?

In reply to Mary Evans

by david armstrong -

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this.

I haven't deleted the Boost theme. I installed Moodle on my web hosting server from the version supplied by the web hosting company I use. I've tried this twice to check to see if the Boost theme is there. It's missing both times. Seems odd.

Perhaps I need to contact them to ask why this is? 

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are you sure the Install is Moodle 3.3.1? 

Check in your cPanel > Files and look for the Moodle installed and then find the version.php which should tell you what version it is.

If Boost has been removed then there is something very wrong with the Hosting package you are paying for!

by Mary Evans -

I have just installed Adaptable and had no problems and my Moodle is 3.3.1

So not sure what you have been doing but it looks to me your Moodle install is at fault. Or perhaps you only have Moodle 3.1 and not Moodle 3.3.1

In reply to Mary Evans

by david armstrong -

I think you have just solved the mystery! I've just checked and I have Moodle 3.1.3 (not 3.3.1). So my own fault for getting the two confused.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

by Mary Evans -

Well at least its been sollved which is a good thing, since it was the only conclusion I could come up with, given the ERRORS you posted.

Glad you are back on track...you can always upload the 3.1 version of Adaptable?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by david armstrong -

Will do, and many thanks again. You've been really helpful.

David

Average of ratings: Useful (1)