Problems with themes after upgrade

Problems with themes after upgrade

by Studens Noozs -
Number of replies: 4

Hello!

I'm new to Moodle and I have made the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.3 version. The upgrade process finished successfully but themes was not upgrades successfully getting problems after Moodle upgrade. After Moodle upgrade I have got the following error:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Default theme boost not available or broken!

By troubleshooting I have copied all theme data to theme folder. After that I was able to install new themes. I have installed theme Essential and forced it to use as default on config.php file ($CFG->theme='essential';) . I have installed the other theme Academi. I got the following results:

1. theme designer does not show the themes other than Essential;
  2. themes are visible on plugins;
  3. when I click on cource activity to Grade it, I'm getting the following error:

Default exception handler: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Default theme boost not available or broken! Debug: \nError code: codingerror\n* line 508 of /lib/outputlib.php: coding_exception thrown\n* line 7174 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to theme_config::load()\n* line 467 of /lib/classes/user.php: call to get_list_of_themes()\n* line 628 of /lib/classes/user.php: call to core_user::fill_properties_cache()\n* line 1013 of /user/externallib.php: call to core_user::get_property_type()\n* line 2793 of /mod/assign/externallib.php: call to core_user_external::user_description()\n* line ? of unknownfile: call to mod_assign_external::get_participant_returns()\n* line 124 of /lib/externallib.php: call to call_user_func()\n* line 185 of /lib/externallib.php: call to external_api::external_function_info()\n* line 59 of /lib/ajax/service.php: call to external_api::call_external_function()\n, referer: http://site.com/mod/assign/view.php?id=3145&action=grader

[:error] [pid 48443] [client 192.168.0.2:51122] Debugging: Coding problem: $PAGE->context was not set. You may have forgotten to call require_login() or $PAGE->set_context(). The page may not display correctly as a result in \n* line 493 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to debugging()\n* line 1587 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_context()\n* line 677 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->initialise_theme_and_output()\n* line 864 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_theme()\n* line 390 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to moodle_page->get_renderer()\n* line ? of unknownfile: call to default_exception_handler()\n, referer: http://site.com/mod/assign/view.php?id=3145&action=grader

Theme boost is visible as plugin, but I can't choose it in theme designer.

How to troubleshoot / repair this?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Studens Noozs

Re: Problems with themes after upgrade

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

I don't think for a minute that this is a Themes problem, this is so obvioulsy an UPGRADE mess-up.

First of all can you explain the process of how you went about upgrading
from Moodle 3.1 to Moodle 3.3?

Thanks

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As Mary says, this is a problem with your upgrade not themes specifically.

I would start by checking the permissions on your moodle folder and sub-folders and then ensure that everything is there and in place and not corrupted (easiest way to do that is probably delete everything except your config.php and re-upload the code from a fresh download via ftp)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I am moving this back to Installing and Upgrade Help Forum

as this is not a Theme problem.

However, before I move this discussion can you please tell me which theme you where using when you did the Up-Grade?

This is important because if it was the Essential theme, then there may be problems connected to that theme which prevents Moodle from finding the Default theme. This is just a wild guess as Essential is a unique theme that is, in effect, self contained.

It maybe that the version of Essential you have is NOT COMPATIBLE with Moodle 3.3 and therefore may be the cause of the problems you are faced with.

Thanks

Mary