Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Short version - my (slightly) child theme of boost worked properly in 3.2 and doesn't work in 3.3. The most noticeable thing is that the burger icon is broken. 

My version...

...and inspecting the HTML

Switching to the vanilla Boost theme, the markup is different...

It's a font-awesome thingy.

Now, I don't have any templates overridden or any custom renderers. I don't even mention the menubars, fa-bars or anything like it in my theme. I'm really struggling to see why it is generating different markup. Any thoughts much appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Answering my own question, of course...

I had copied over the classes/output from 'boost' at some point and this was causing the problem. I can't remember why but simply deleting them has resolved this. I'll probably find out soon enough wink

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

(quote) Answering my own question, of course...

But of course.. that is why many of us ask questions on here, to be able to give ourselves the answersbig grin