User migration between cohorts

User migration between cohorts

by Arkadiusz Baryła -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a possibility of moving a user between cohorts (different cohorts), but I would liked the results obtained in the courses where preserved for report.

And if the user is reassigned to the cohort where he was already all previous scores/data obtained in the courses/activities will be recovered/restored. So that he wouldn't have to pass again the courses that he have already been in.

Maybe there is a plugin for this, I couldn't find alternative for this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arkadiusz Baryła

Re: User migration between cohorts

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Grades are attached to the user, not the Cohort or Group they are in. They shouldn't loose grades (if it's grades you are talking about) by changing cohort. 

However, if the result of this is that they are removed completely from a course then you may be in more trouble. You probably shouldn't unenrol students from a course if you want their results to remain in place. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Odp: Re: User migration between cohorts

by Arkadiusz Baryła -

Ok, the is there a way to suspend user in cohort which is assign to the course as cohort synchronization enrollment method.

Becouse I can't disable user from course when cohort synchronization is enabled.

In reply to Arkadiusz Baryła

Re: Odp: Re: User migration between cohorts

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Suspend as in they can no longer access the course (not cannot log in)? 

You could push them into a more restrictive role - but I'm not entirely sure if/how you might do that. We really want someone who has done this sort of thing. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: User migration between cohorts

by Arkadiusz Baryła -
Yes, after suspension in course user would not access to the course, could not see activities in it. But all grades and his completions statust for activities in this course would be preserved.

And when susprnsion for the user would be removed grades would be available for the user again.
Or maybe the user can be, somehow, suspended in cohort, (not removed from cohort = loosing all grades in courses).
I couldn't find this sort of thing.