All Students Enrollment

All Students Enrollment

by Alex Stewart -
Number of replies: 2

We have recently upgraded to Moodle 3.3. We have a single course that I would like to mass enroll every student in the Moodle into. This is our default course which contains information about our program with a bunch of external links. Currently we have 5000+ users and I really do not want to manually do this task. Any suggestions. The last thread I found related to this was for Moodle 2.1!

Thanks in advance everyone, you have taught me ALOT about Moodle over these past few months. I am brand new to the game.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Stewart

Re: All Students Enrollment

by Alex Stewart -

I think the way to go is via a cohort. Will adding everyone to a single cohort effect anything else? It seems like there should be another way to do this.

In reply to Alex Stewart

Re: All Students Enrollment

by Paula Clough -

Alex

I don't know how you are adding your students to the Moodle site. If you are using a text file you can add extra columns to enroll in the course. See documentation here. You could also use this to enroll them in the cohort if you wish to do that. 

The nice thing about cohorts is that you can easily add another course you want them all in if you need to without having to go through the process again. I have never had to put 5000 students in one cohort. Haven't heard of any problems with it. Perhaps someone else knows something I do not. 

cool