Cache issues with core_yuimodule

Cache issues with core_yuimodule

by Neil Clayton -
Number of replies: 3

Upon purging all cache using the built in moodle function, it successfully removed all files from moodledata cache folder, however upon regeneration of the core_yuimodule folder it fails to recreate "a0a-cache" folder; because of this the site then fails to load.

Help...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neil Clayton

Re: Cache issues with core_yuimodule

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Read somewhere that beginning version 2.9.x Moodle was beginning to transition away from using YUI libraries due to the fact they are no longer improved or maintained.  Yahoo is not cut anyone off, but ...

Then had an issue with a version 3.0.x to 3.1.highest in some strange areas ... theme rendered but some areas/functions would not load.   Finally determined it was a YUI loading issue and the only way I could resolve it was via config.php.

Add these lines to your config.php file

$CFG->useexternalyui='0';
$CFG->yuicomboloading='1';

What theme was your site using?

If the site cannot be seen at all, you might have been using a theme that used YUI code ....

Set the default theme to something stock ... like more.   Again in config.php

$CFG->theme='more';

or 'clean'.

No need to restart any services, those changes to config override DB and should take affect the very next access to the site ... for all users ... config.php is read often ... even when guest are hitting site.

If above doesn't work, try navigating directory to turning on debugging:

https://yoursite/admin/settings.php?section=debugging

or copy  the debug lines from config-dist.php at the root of your moodle code and put those lines into config.php making them active.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Neil Clayton -

Thanks for your response. 

I can get the site up and running easily by restoring the "a0a-cache" folder from backup. When I purge all the cache again the exact same thing happens. On purging the cache, the folders start recreating themselves however, the process crashes when trying to recreate the "a0a-cache" folder within the "core_yuimodule" folder. I am using the lamba theme.

Thanks

In reply to Neil Clayton

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Dunno but ..

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/YUI

clip from above:

"Note: As of Moodle 2.9 we are transitioning away from YUI to AMD modules and JQuery"

Hmmmmmm ... let's see ..."core_yuimodule" looks like that theme is using YUI libraries ... so let's see:

In config.php set the theme to something other than lamba - like clean or more.

Purge the cache ... does it still 'crash'?   What does 'crash' look like?

Once you've identified it is the lamba theme, think posting the problem in the themes forum OR contact the makers of the lamba theme for assistance would be appropriate action.

'spirit of sharing', Ken