Email addresses for new users

Email addresses for new users

by Peter K. Speiser -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Mary,

when I - as the admin - create a new user I always have to state an email-address for the new user and it is only possible to create ONE user per E-Mail address.

I do not have that many E-Mail addresses available to create a new user as with Student role.
How can I create multiple users with different roles without needing several different E-Mail-addresses?

Secondly how to assign the Student role to every user logged in to Moodle when the user is browing.

In the list of user that I am able to set as Default users only two roles that I have created are visable
Non of the Moodle Standard roles are visable and selectable.

Please help me with These two aspects / questions.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter K. Speiser

Re: Email addresses for new users

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Peter,

In regards to your question about email for multiple users...go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage Authentication. Scroll down to Common settings for the Allow accounts with the same email.

(Edited by Mary Cooch to clarify title - original submission Monday, 3 July 2017, 7:49 PM)

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Courses are displayed when browsing through the course catalog although these course are flag as "hidden"

by Peter K. Speiser -

Hi Al,

that was a very good advice. I changed the mentioned Setting and now it is working fine.

THANKS.

Kind regards,

Peter

In reply to Peter K. Speiser

Re: Email addresses for new users

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Peter - I have split this latest question (to which Al has kindly replied) as it is not connected to the previous thread.