Course sessions creation (one single course with multiple sessions) Moodle 3.0.3

Course sessions creation (one single course with multiple sessions) Moodle 3.0.3

by Soizic POILVE -
Number of replies: 2

Dear Moodlers,

I write this new post after some hours of test and searches about course session creation with Moodle 3.0.0(Build 20160415

My problem is the following:

I would need to create various session (July session for NYC consultants, July session for Singpore consultants, August session for NYC consultants...) from one single course.

My main contraint (which prevent me from using the Group or cohort option for enrollment) is that one learner can be in two sessions....if he fails to July session I must keep his statitics for reporting BUT enroll him again to August session...

Do you have a bright idea since, so far, I must face a dead end and preparing myself to do all the work manually with basics statistics extracts....and delete stats from one session and enroll again learner who failed a session...

I hope these explanation is clear enough to have your attention and some insight to solve the situation

PS: I tried to install Training session plugin and get an error during validation step sad (Murphy's law..?)

Thank you very much for your support

Kind regards

Soizic

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Soizic POILVE

Re: Course sessions creation (one single course with multiple sessions) Moodle 3.0.3

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have a look at www.iomad.org.   It's a fork of Moodle with additional features. It does this sort of thing. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Course sessions creation (one single course with multiple sessions) Moodle 3.0.3

by Soizic POILVE -

Thank you for your reply Howard.

I would, in fact, need to have a solution with Moodle since this platform is already deployed in my organization...