Show content and questions on same page.

Re: Show content and questions on same page.

by Rick Johns -
Number of replies: 3

James, I had the same need to have a reading passage followed by some questions all on the same page. I did as Mary suggested using a description question at the top. You can put some simple html around the passage to make it black text on a white background, and it looks pretty good.

In my case I used div tag at the very start :

<div style="background-color: #ffffff; color: #555555; padding: 20px; font-size: 14px;">

and then at the very end:

</div>

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Rick Johns

by Daniell Goodin -

Keep an eye on the H5P Mod. 

nadavkav/moodle-atto_hvp

I have it set to a Document type activity that can be exported at the end. 

plus there is the ability to have a PDF page embed at the top that is coded in the description box (Header)

so its all on the same page. 

there is plenty of scope within it to mix up the activity. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniell Goodin

by Aurelien DARIE -

Hi Daniell, could you please explain a bit more how you have managed to do so. Do you have a screenshot for instance ? Thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aurelien DARIE

by Daniell Goodin -
Popped a few screen snaps to you via PM. 

1st one shows the pathway through a Lesson Plan. 

2nd is the Button to take them to the Activity Page they are to Answer\export and send to the assessor (Teacher\Trainer)

3rd shows the H5P Document activity, this is made and hidden from students then embedded- iframed into the page. As you can see there are links to reading material that are to be used to answer from. 

2nd example is just a mix of MC H5P questions that are related to the technical document they need to be able to reference from. 

I use either the pdf codes for this and or lately I am in love with flowpaper. 

I am keeping a running blog on what is working for me here.. 

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=361015

Hope this gives you an idea of how it is working for me..

We are just setting up the competencies against all of this now so that it all gets ticked of automatic as they complete the tasks, as ours is very much competency based training and assessments.