Courses are displayed when browsing through the course catalog although these course are flag as "hidden"

Courses are displayed when browsing through the course catalog although these course are flag as "hidden"

by Peter K. Speiser -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Moodle professionals,

when browsing through the Course catalog Courses are shown there regardless I have marked them as to be shown or to be hidden in the "Course and category Management" settings.

It does not makes sense that Course are displayed in the Course catalog that where defined as to be hidden.

So what Setting is prohibiting Moodle in not showing hidden Courses in the Course catalog?

Hope you can help me on this.

Kind regards,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter K. Speiser

Re: Courses are displayed when browsing through the course catalog although these course are flag as "hidden"

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Where are you seeing them displayed? If you see them as an admin or a person with editing rights in the course then you will see them as hidden. If you are a student then you should not see them.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Courses are displayed when browsing through the course catalog although these course are flag as "hidden"

by Peter K. Speiser -

Hi Mary,

thanks for your Reply.

Looking at the attached screenshot you will see what the Problem is.

The Screen is showing what I see when I browse through the Course catalaog.

Although I am logged in as a Student, you will see that the first two Course are displaysed even These two Courses are defined as "Hidden". Only the third Course on the screenshot has the Setting "Not hidden".

Following These Settings only the third Course should have been visable here.

So what to do in order to hide "hidden Courses" on the Course catalog?

Kind regards,

Peter

Attachment Hidden courses are displayed.jpg
In reply to Peter K. Speiser

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You appear to be using the "switch role to student" feature. Can you try with an actual, real (or test) student account?